Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Da Vinci Code

I am not a prolific reader of books. I only buy books or borrow it from a library and keep them in my shelf (and ofcourse return the borrowed books only at the return date not a day earlier :-) ) The books i take are what most people consider boring like self learning stuff, thought for the day, technical books etc. And rarely do I buy a novel. But I did read Da Vinci Code. It was an accident - just when a friend told me about the controversial book, the book changed hands back to its owner, right in front of me.

With all the controvery behind The Da Vinci Code, I was not surprised to see that it got a mention even in the ODB too a few months back.

The story is good. I would not consider it such a great thriller though.

I do not see why people let the author have his way by allowing him to rake in a controversy and make more money than he deserved ! I am sure end of the day, no believer would have left the church, Dan Brown made more sales of his book than expected and people got another controversy to chew on for a few days.

Another aspect I see is that this may have had a more positive effect on non-believers. I say this because if you needed to know what the controversy is you needed to understand the true nature of Jesus. That would have atleast made a few people curious about Jesus and learnt more about Him.

The controversy in DVC is they promote goddess worship and self-deity and deny The Biblical Jesus.

No comments: